Sunday

My Sad News

Hello,
I'm writing to let you know that changes have been made to our upcoming event, MIX AT SIX NETWORKING CLUB.

As many of you know, my Grandma, Anne Carson, had come to my home last Thursday afternoon for home hospice care. She passed peacefully in her sleep surrounded by family just 15 hours after the ambulance brought her from Lafayette. She was 89 and had battled COPD, heart disease, emphysema, cancer, and diabetes for years. Less than a month ago her right leg was amputated due to complications with her diabetes, and she just was not able to overcome it. We were very close - my grandma was my daycare provider when I was a child, I lived with her for a short time as a teen, my wedding was in her backyard, and my children took turns staying with her in the summer so that she could maintain her independence right up to the end. Her funeral will take place on Thursday, July 6th, and family & friends will gather at my home after the ceremony.

As you can imagine, this makes it necessary for me to move the Mix @ Six to next week on Tuesday, July 11th. I appreciate your patience and understanding, and wish to express my deepest hearfelt gratitude to those of you have already expressed your sentiments. You have no idea HOW MUCH it means to me to have your kind words to cling to during this transition and how honored I am by your compassion.

Newcomers Family Funeral Home has been incredible to our family, and a website is available to view details of the ceremony and leave messages for family members (didn't even know you could do that!) at http://www.newcomerfamily.org > Obituaries & Condolences > Denver, CO > Anne L. Carson.

Those of you who already have a sponsor table for the Mix @ Six will retain your reservation. There are still 3 demonstrator/presentor slots available, email me to claim them.

Thanks,
Rebekah

For more details, see the full listing: http://entrepreneur.meetup.com/651/events/4947818/
If the change affects your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP 'No' or 'Maybe' as well as 'Yes'.)You can always get in touch with me through the 'Contact Organizer' feature on the Meetup.com website.

No comments: