Friday

Meaning of Success

**Words from Mark

I believe that success begins the minute you start working toward your goals. The actions you take to fulfill your dreams and attain your personal desires make you a success today, not the end results you get tomorrow.


While success is in your actions, it is also in the way you choose to act. So decide what is meaningful to you and then pursue it with integrity, virtue, humility and most importantly, good will toward people. I always
treat others with the utmost respect they deserve. It does not matter what someone's background is, their job title, where they reside, what car they drive, how much or how little education they have, or the dollar figure they earn. That's not what defines a person....their character does.


I approach everyone I meet with the same attitude that we are all winners and can make a huge difference in this world. By believing in someone else's unique qualities and encouraging them to strive for personal
excellence, I am helping them start their personal journey of success. I do not think you can ever be satisfied with your own success unless you teach others how to accomplish it as well. Teaching the gift of action is really teaching someone how to turn dreams into reality. And, our dreams weave the fabric that connects us all together.


When I was 16 years old, I knew I wanted to make a difference in the world. I had no idea what it would be or how I would accomplish this task, but I was determined to affect people's lives in a positive way. As a result of a personal tragedy, I became impassioned about nutrition. In 1980, I started Herbalife International and dedicated my life to spreading the message of good health through advanced nutrition around the world. I didn't reach the four corners of the globe in my first day of business, so I got up the next morning and tried it again.


Day after day, week after week, year after year of hard work, commitment
and dedication to my dream has turned it into a reality of which I am extremely proud. What I have discovered in 17 years is that every small step I have taken has contributed to the giant strides I have made in helping to vastly improve people's lives.


Of course, I have had my share of business ups and downs, but I've learned to equally appreciate the good and difficult times because both situations offer me the opportunity to do better and greater things. No matter how tough the challenge is before me, I never give up and that's an essential ingredient for personal success. So hang in there. Stay on course. Persevere. Carry on. Weather the storm. If you do, you will fully understand the meaning of success!

**Mark Hughes, Founder, Herbalife

No comments: