Thursday

Networking With MySpace

By: Audrey Okaneko

If you are not using MySpace as a means of networking, you are missing a huge opportunity.

I remember the first time I heard about MySpace, it was from my kids, both teens at the time. Both of them had pages and were meeting new people regularly.

I then began meeting adults who were using MySpace. They were using MySpace to keep in touch with their kids at college. They were using MySpace to promote their books and they were using MySpace to network.

I am a strong supporter of true networking. I have always offered referrals to those I believe offer a great product or service or to those I believe can offer assistance to another person.

I decided to create my own MySpace page. What I learned was that I could meet thousands of people who were open to meeting someone new.

MySpace offers many different ways to meet others:

Browse - You can browse through the MySpace membership directory and search for folks in a specific zip code, search for those that are either male or female or even search for those in a specific age range. Once you find the people you are searching for, you can then send them a personal email message or you can friend request them. I usually do both. I want to introduce myself and say hi to those I friend request.

Search – You can search for very specific terms. For example, I love scrapbooking, so I searched profiles for others who also love scrapbooking. I found several friends this way. I sent a personal note introducing myself and talking about our common interest in scrapbooking.

Profiles – I have seen so many beautiful, wonderful, unique, pretty, funny profiles on MySpace. About 75% of the time, I can find something in common with the person whose page I’ve landed on. I email them about that common ground and then friend request them.

Groups – MySpace offers hundreds of thousands of groups. Groups are communities of folks that share something in common. I belong to a few groups, some on parenting, some on scrapbooking and some on the laws of attraction. You can find just about everything imaginable through MySpace groups. I have met many people through these groups.

Blogs – MySpace allows every member to create blogs. You can create as many blogs as you want. You can then search blogs. Again, search for those terms that interest you. If you like vintage cars, then type “vintage cars” in the search box. Communicate with those who have a common interest with you.

These are 5 ways you can network with others on MySpace. For those who wish to network with me, you can friend request me at myspace.com/audreys_kitchen

Have fun on MySpace. Make some friends. Through networking, you’ll find that your sales will indeed increase.

Article by:

Audrey Okaneko has been working at home since 1983. She can be reached at audreyoka@cox.net or visited at www.recipe-barn.com


Use our MySpace to promote yourself! Join us at: http://www.myspace.com/thecoloradoconnector!

No comments: